Jeffrey Epstein: ABC stopped report ‘amid Palace threats’

Amy Robach and Jeffrey EpsteinPicture copyright
Division of Justice/ Getty

Picture caption

ABC journalist Amy Robach (left) and paedophile Jeffrey Epstein


Leaked footage exhibits a US TV anchor complaining that editors “quashed” a narrative about paedophile Jeffrey Epstein as a consequence of stress from the Royal Household.

ABC’s Amy Robach is seen within the clip griping that her interview with an alleged sufferer of Epstein and Prince Andrew by no means made it to air.


“The Palace came upon,” she says, “and threatened us one million other ways.”

Epstein was discovered useless in a jail cell whereas awaiting trial for intercourse crimes.

The dying of the rich financier final August was dominated a suicide by investigators.

Prince Andrew ‘was an abuser’ – Epstein accuser

Within the video, Ms Robach vents frustration that her 2015 interview with Virginia Giuffre – previously Virginia Roberts – was by no means broadcast.

The clip was leaked on Tuesday by Undertaking Veritas, a gaggle that seeks to reveal perceived liberal bias within the mainstream media.

Ms Giuffre, 35, alleges she was abused by Epstein and was ordered to have intercourse with highly effective males together with Prince Andrew, the Duke of York.

In court docket paperwork she mentioned she was compelled to have intercourse with the British royal on three separate events whereas she was underneath the authorized age of consent.

Prince Andrew has denied having “any type of sexual contact or relationship” with Ms Giuffre.

Picture copyright
Virginia Roberts

Picture caption

Ms Giuffre says she was abused by Prince Andrew a number of instances

What does the video present?

“I’ve had this story for 3 years. I’ve had this interview with Virginia Roberts,” says Ms Robach, chatting with somebody off-camera.

“We’d not put it on the air. To begin with, I used to be informed, ‘who’s Jeffrey Epstein? Nobody is aware of who that’s. It is a silly story.’

“Then the Palace came upon that we had her entire allegations about Prince Andrew and threatened us one million other ways.

“We have been so afraid that we would not be capable to interview Kate and Will.

“That additionally quashed the story,” the host of ABC’s 20/20 programme added.

Buckingham Palace has not responded to the allegation.

She additionally says that the interview included allegations in opposition to former US President Invoice Clinton.

“We had every part,” she continues. “I attempted for 3 years to get it on, to no avail.

“And now it is all popping out and it is like these new revelations and I freaking had all of it.”

Picture copyright
Getty Photographs

Picture caption

Ms Robach (second from proper) was in London to cowl the 2013 start of Prince George

How have ABC responded?

In a press release after the footage leaked ABC stood by its choice to not air the interview, saying the reporting didn’t meet its requirements.

“However we’ve got by no means stopped investigating the story,” the assertion continues, including that “substantial sources” had been devoted to investigating Epstein.

In a separate assertion, Ms Robach mentioned she “was caught in a non-public second of frustration” final summer season because the Epstein story unfolded.

She mentioned she was “upset that an necessary interview I had carried out with Virginia Roberts did not air as a result of we couldn’t get hold of adequate corroborating proof” to satisfy ABC’s editorial requirements.

“My feedback about Prince Andrew and her allegation that she had seen Invoice Clinton on Epstein’s personal island have been in reference to what Virginia Roberts mentioned in that interview in 2015.

“I used to be referencing her allegation – not what ABC Information had verified via our reporting.”

She added that “within the years since nobody ever informed me or the crew to cease reporting” on Epstein.